SixBeers

News & Views About My Favorite Subject BEER!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central/California, United States

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Murphy's RIP

Well I was out of town last weekend and missed the Sat paper story about Murphy's closing on Sunday. I knew about it but didn't know when. Driving home after dinner out on Sunday evening we were driving by Murphy's just by chance. Obviously something was going on. Food table set up in the parking lot and lots of people. Then I read the Sat paper Monday morning. D'oh!
Well it had a good run. Plenty of nights with Dee at the bar and Jimmy singing in the corner, but that was a long time ago.
I hadn't been there much recently. I'm a Riley's after work person (well before the zombies come out downtown). I also noticed a new license post in the window of The Lie N Den. Wonder what's up there.

Yet another one gone.